- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
LeBron James Sends Tweet to DeMarcus Cousins Amid Turmoil in Cleveland
- Updated: January 23, 2018
LeBron James has been known to try to recruit players to come play alongside him throughout his career. Fans wondered if that’s what James was up to on Monday night after he tweeted at DeMarcus Cousins following his monster game in which he posted a historic stat line of 44 points, 24 rebounds, and 10 assists.
The Cleveland Cavaliers were linked to Cousins earlier this season after it was reported that they were interested in bringing him to Cleveland. While the New Orleans Pelicans have since clarified that they have no intention of trading Cousins away before the Feb. 8 NBA trade deadline, that didn’t stop James from showing up in Cousins’ mentions.
Yo @boogiecousins chill out man!! Sheesh!!! Super sick stat line
This could simply be one NBA superstar congratulating another on his success, but it is possible that James is trying to create inroads with the All-Star big man.
While James may know that the two playing together this season is unlikely, that doesn’t mean they won’t be wearing the same uniform in the future. Both James and Cousins are set to become free agents this offseason. It’s possible that the King sees Boogie as a potential piece on his next super team.
It’s hard to decipher whether James’ tweet means he is trying to bring more talent to Cleveland, or if it means he is already looking towards his next destination. One thing is clear though, James’ relationship with Cousins is definitely something to keep an eye on as we approach the 2018 NBA offseason.