- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
Video: Tyronn Lue Reveals How He’ll Use Isaiah Thomas vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: January 2, 2018
Lue spoke with members of the press on Monday to discuss what we can expect in Thomas’ first game back.
“I think a guy who plays with pace and gets into the paint. Can score in bunches,” Lue said. “When Bron (LeBron James) gets tired, or not having a great game you got another guy you can get the ball in his hands and he can create and make plays. So we’re excited about that.”
The entire organization has been buzzing with excitement since it was revealed that Thomas is ready to make his 2017-18 debut. Just as Lue explained, the 5-foot-9 guard gives the Cavs one more weapon to utilize against opposing teams and offers something of an insurance policy if James should ever have an uncharacteristically poor night.
It remains a mystery when Thomas will be able to get back to his 33.8 minutes per game average from last season. Still, the news of his return is the best way the Cavs could start out the new year. In the coming weeks and months we will finally discover just how special this year’s team can truly be.