- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Video: Tyronn Lue Reveals How He’ll Use Isaiah Thomas vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: January 2, 2018
Lue spoke with members of the press on Monday to discuss what we can expect in Thomas’ first game back.
“I think a guy who plays with pace and gets into the paint. Can score in bunches,” Lue said. “When Bron (LeBron James) gets tired, or not having a great game you got another guy you can get the ball in his hands and he can create and make plays. So we’re excited about that.”
The entire organization has been buzzing with excitement since it was revealed that Thomas is ready to make his 2017-18 debut. Just as Lue explained, the 5-foot-9 guard gives the Cavs one more weapon to utilize against opposing teams and offers something of an insurance policy if James should ever have an uncharacteristically poor night.
It remains a mystery when Thomas will be able to get back to his 33.8 minutes per game average from last season. Still, the news of his return is the best way the Cavs could start out the new year. In the coming weeks and months we will finally discover just how special this year’s team can truly be.