- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
Video: Tyronn Lue Reveals How He’ll Use Isaiah Thomas vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: January 2, 2018
Lue spoke with members of the press on Monday to discuss what we can expect in Thomas’ first game back.
“I think a guy who plays with pace and gets into the paint. Can score in bunches,” Lue said. “When Bron (LeBron James) gets tired, or not having a great game you got another guy you can get the ball in his hands and he can create and make plays. So we’re excited about that.”
The entire organization has been buzzing with excitement since it was revealed that Thomas is ready to make his 2017-18 debut. Just as Lue explained, the 5-foot-9 guard gives the Cavs one more weapon to utilize against opposing teams and offers something of an insurance policy if James should ever have an uncharacteristically poor night.
It remains a mystery when Thomas will be able to get back to his 33.8 minutes per game average from last season. Still, the news of his return is the best way the Cavs could start out the new year. In the coming weeks and months we will finally discover just how special this year’s team can truly be.