- Kevin Love goes on lengthy rant for social justice: ‘Why is it so hard for white people to talk about race?’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. yelled ‘modern-day slavery’ at Cavs GM, not allowed back at practice facility
- Report: Cavs believe Andre Drummond’s asking price will be too high, will shop him ahead of deadline
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. expected to be released or traded after throwing tantrum in Cavs locker room
- Andre Drummond opens up about uncertain future with Cavs following Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
Video: Tyronn Lue Reveals How He’ll Use Isaiah Thomas vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: January 2, 2018
Lue spoke with members of the press on Monday to discuss what we can expect in Thomas’ first game back.
“I think a guy who plays with pace and gets into the paint. Can score in bunches,” Lue said. “When Bron (LeBron James) gets tired, or not having a great game you got another guy you can get the ball in his hands and he can create and make plays. So we’re excited about that.”
The entire organization has been buzzing with excitement since it was revealed that Thomas is ready to make his 2017-18 debut. Just as Lue explained, the 5-foot-9 guard gives the Cavs one more weapon to utilize against opposing teams and offers something of an insurance policy if James should ever have an uncharacteristically poor night.
It remains a mystery when Thomas will be able to get back to his 33.8 minutes per game average from last season. Still, the news of his return is the best way the Cavs could start out the new year. In the coming weeks and months we will finally discover just how special this year’s team can truly be.