- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Jae Crowder Posts Heartfelt Message to LeBron James via Social Media
- Updated: December 10, 2017
The first few months of Jae Crowder‘s time in a Cleveland Cavaliers uniform have seen him struggle to find a place within the team’s talented corps of players. On Saturday night, Crowder offered evidence that he’s emerging as a valuable part of lineup, helping deliver the kill shot in the Cavaliers’ 105-98 comeback win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
Crowder took to social media on Sunday to acknowledge the support of LeBron James, who collected an assist on that clinching shot and has helped him maintain his confidence in the face of that slow start.
Due to teammate injuries and different lineup combinations, the 27-year-old Crowder has frequently seen his position change in the team’s first 27 games. That’s resulted in season numbers that have him averaging 8.5 points and 3.2 rebounds per game.
However, his scoring has become especially significant when he’s been able to reach double-figures, since the Cavaliers have a spotless 11-0 mark when he reaches or breaks that threshold.
When he was acquired in the Kyrie Irving deal in August, Crowder was considered a supplemental part of the deal that delivered Isaiah Thomas as Irving’s replacement. However, due to rehabilitation from a hip injury, Thomas has yet to play a game for the Cavs, adding pressure on Crowder to produce.
Crowder will be further aided up front when Tristan Thompson returns from a calf inury that’s sidelined him for the last 19 games.
The reference to Crowder’s mother is a poignant tribute to the woman who died on the day Crowder was dealt to Cleveland.