- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Jae Crowder Posts Heartfelt Message to LeBron James via Social Media
- Updated: December 10, 2017
The first few months of Jae Crowder‘s time in a Cleveland Cavaliers uniform have seen him struggle to find a place within the team’s talented corps of players. On Saturday night, Crowder offered evidence that he’s emerging as a valuable part of lineup, helping deliver the kill shot in the Cavaliers’ 105-98 comeback win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
Crowder took to social media on Sunday to acknowledge the support of LeBron James, who collected an assist on that clinching shot and has helped him maintain his confidence in the face of that slow start.
Due to teammate injuries and different lineup combinations, the 27-year-old Crowder has frequently seen his position change in the team’s first 27 games. That’s resulted in season numbers that have him averaging 8.5 points and 3.2 rebounds per game.
However, his scoring has become especially significant when he’s been able to reach double-figures, since the Cavaliers have a spotless 11-0 mark when he reaches or breaks that threshold.
When he was acquired in the Kyrie Irving deal in August, Crowder was considered a supplemental part of the deal that delivered Isaiah Thomas as Irving’s replacement. However, due to rehabilitation from a hip injury, Thomas has yet to play a game for the Cavs, adding pressure on Crowder to produce.
Crowder will be further aided up front when Tristan Thompson returns from a calf inury that’s sidelined him for the last 19 games.
The reference to Crowder’s mother is a poignant tribute to the woman who died on the day Crowder was dealt to Cleveland.