- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: LeBron James Goes Down With Nasty Ankle Sprain in 1st Quarter
- Updated: November 9, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been dealing with a myriad of injuries to several players so far this season, and that trend continued in the first quarter of Wednesday night’s game against the Houston Rockets.
As LeBron James began to drive to basket, he stepped on Rockets forward Trevor Ariza‘s foot, and rolled his ankle in the process. James quickly fell to the court, but was able to walk to the bench on his own during a subsequent timeout.
— MyNBAUpdate (@MyNBAUpdate) November 10, 2017
As many Cavs fans will remember, James missed the vast majority of the 2017-18 NBA preseason after injuring the very same ankle, but that injury had seemingly since healed. While there is no news yet on the severity of James’ current injury, given the fact that he has already had trouble with that ankle, the Cavs are sure to take every precaution possible.
This is horrible news for the Cavs as their early-season struggles will only be exacerbated if James should miss considerable time moving forward. The good news is, James was able to return to the game, however, ankle sprains are known to swell up the next day, so we’ll keep you posted on if he’ll miss any time moving forward.