- J.R. Smith Shows Growth and Maturity as He Avoids Airport Altercation
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers to Eliminate Cavaliers Girls Starting Next Season
- Tristan Thompson Supports LeBron James at His Brand New Clothing Launch
- Former Cavs Teammate Defends LeBron, Still Has ‘Full Trust’ He Will Lead Lakers to Championship
- Report: John Beilein Will Look to Improve Collin Sexton’s Efficiency
- Larry Nance Jr. Says Collin Sexton Should Have Made All-Rookie First Team
- Dan Gilbert Believes Kyrie Irving Will Leave Boston Celtics
- Dan Gilbert Speaks on LeBron James: ‘It All Revolves Around the Sun, Which Is Him’
- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
Report: Cavaliers Likely to Cut Kendrick Perkins to Make Room for Dwyane Wade
- Updated: September 26, 2017
While it had previously been reported that the Cavs may pursue a low-level trade to free up a spot, according to cleveland.com’s Joe Vardon, the Cavs will likely waive Kendrick Perkins to make room for Wade in the Cavaliers’ preseason camp.
The Cavs will probably cut Kendrick Perkins to make room for Dwyane Wade in camp; a larger roster move would be needed later
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) September 26, 2017
As Vardon points out, a larger roster move would be needed later when the Cavs are forced to cut down to the 15-man limit. This leaves the door open for a possible trade before the regular season begins and even more offseason excitement.