- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Report: Cavaliers Likely to Cut Kendrick Perkins to Make Room for Dwyane Wade
- Updated: September 26, 2017
While it had previously been reported that the Cavs may pursue a low-level trade to free up a spot, according to cleveland.com’s Joe Vardon, the Cavs will likely waive Kendrick Perkins to make room for Wade in the Cavaliers’ preseason camp.
The Cavs will probably cut Kendrick Perkins to make room for Dwyane Wade in camp; a larger roster move would be needed later
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) September 26, 2017
As Vardon points out, a larger roster move would be needed later when the Cavs are forced to cut down to the 15-man limit. This leaves the door open for a possible trade before the regular season begins and even more offseason excitement.