- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Cavaliers Likely to Cut Kendrick Perkins to Make Room for Dwyane Wade
- Updated: September 26, 2017
While it had previously been reported that the Cavs may pursue a low-level trade to free up a spot, according to cleveland.com’s Joe Vardon, the Cavs will likely waive Kendrick Perkins to make room for Wade in the Cavaliers’ preseason camp.
The Cavs will probably cut Kendrick Perkins to make room for Dwyane Wade in camp; a larger roster move would be needed later
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) September 26, 2017
As Vardon points out, a larger roster move would be needed later when the Cavs are forced to cut down to the 15-man limit. This leaves the door open for a possible trade before the regular season begins and even more offseason excitement.