- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Report: Cavaliers Likely to Cut Kendrick Perkins to Make Room for Dwyane Wade
- Updated: September 26, 2017
While it had previously been reported that the Cavs may pursue a low-level trade to free up a spot, according to cleveland.com’s Joe Vardon, the Cavs will likely waive Kendrick Perkins to make room for Wade in the Cavaliers’ preseason camp.
The Cavs will probably cut Kendrick Perkins to make room for Dwyane Wade in camp; a larger roster move would be needed later
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) September 26, 2017
As Vardon points out, a larger roster move would be needed later when the Cavs are forced to cut down to the 15-man limit. This leaves the door open for a possible trade before the regular season begins and even more offseason excitement.