- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Reach Out to Zach Randolph on Saturday
- Updated: July 1, 2017
Randolph has spent the last eight seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies and averaged 14.1 points and 8.2 rebounds per game last season. While Randolph has received interest from the Sacramento Kings, Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Clippers, reporter David Aldridge is now reporting that Randolph and the Cavs are expected to communicate by phone on Saturday.
So…as I was gonna say before the sun collapsed…hear Cleveland also has interest in Zach Randolph. Contact expected via phone Saturday.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 1, 2017
Randolph, a two-time All-Star, is no longer in his prime, but would be able to contribute on both ends of the floor off the bench.
Thanks to recent trade and free-agency rumors, signing Randolph would likely be a let down to most Cavs fans, but there is no question that he would help solidify a stronger bench behind current starting big men Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson.
There is still much that has to be done to bring Randolph to Cleveland, but this rumor seems like the first step.