- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Reach Out to Zach Randolph on Saturday
- Updated: July 1, 2017
Randolph has spent the last eight seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies and averaged 14.1 points and 8.2 rebounds per game last season. While Randolph has received interest from the Sacramento Kings, Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Clippers, reporter David Aldridge is now reporting that Randolph and the Cavs are expected to communicate by phone on Saturday.
So…as I was gonna say before the sun collapsed…hear Cleveland also has interest in Zach Randolph. Contact expected via phone Saturday.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 1, 2017
Randolph, a two-time All-Star, is no longer in his prime, but would be able to contribute on both ends of the floor off the bench.
Thanks to recent trade and free-agency rumors, signing Randolph would likely be a let down to most Cavs fans, but there is no question that he would help solidify a stronger bench behind current starting big men Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson.
There is still much that has to be done to bring Randolph to Cleveland, but this rumor seems like the first step.