- Larry Nance Jr. Mercilessly Roasts Kyle Kuzma in Latest Social Media Post
- Report: Cavs Have Grown Closer After John Beilein Called Players ‘Thugs’
- Darius Garland Reacts to Recording His First Career Double-Double
- Report: Cavs Apply for Disabled Player Exception in Wake of Dylan Windler Injury
- Former Cavs Head Coach Tyronn Lue Admits He Wishes He Were Still in Cleveland
- Report: Paul George to Miss Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Kevin Love Preaches Positivity Amid Recent Cavs Success: ‘We’re Definitely Playing Better Now’
- Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Video: Tristan Thompson Dunks on LeBron James, Proceeds to Stare Him Down
- Cavs News: Dylan Windler to Miss Remainder of 2019-20 Season
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Reach Out to Zach Randolph on Saturday
- Updated: July 1, 2017
Randolph has spent the last eight seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies and averaged 14.1 points and 8.2 rebounds per game last season. While Randolph has received interest from the Sacramento Kings, Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Clippers, reporter David Aldridge is now reporting that Randolph and the Cavs are expected to communicate by phone on Saturday.
So…as I was gonna say before the sun collapsed…hear Cleveland also has interest in Zach Randolph. Contact expected via phone Saturday.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 1, 2017
Randolph, a two-time All-Star, is no longer in his prime, but would be able to contribute on both ends of the floor off the bench.
Thanks to recent trade and free-agency rumors, signing Randolph would likely be a let down to most Cavs fans, but there is no question that he would help solidify a stronger bench behind current starting big men Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson.
There is still much that has to be done to bring Randolph to Cleveland, but this rumor seems like the first step.