- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Cavs Players Call Out Kevin Durant After Christmas Day Victory
- Updated: December 27, 2016
In the most surprising call of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ Christmas Day matchup with the Golden State Warriors, small forward Richard Jefferson earned a technical foul after dunking on opposing forward Kevin Durant and simply winking at him.
According to Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal, several Cavs players were distraught because of the call and also because Durant did far worse throughout the course of the game:
“Cavs players were upset Jefferson was T’d up because, in their opinion, Durant was doing far worse. Durant dropped some choice expletives on Kevin Love following his dunks, including calling him a motherf—–. Players questioned how Durant can get away with calling a player that while Jefferson gets whistled for a smile and a wink.”
According to teammate LeBron James, the technical foul called on Jefferson will most likely be rescinded, while Durant may be looked at more closely when the Cavs face off against the Warriors on Jan. 16.
“It will probably get rescinded,” James said. “The ref was behind the play and he probably thought RJ said something. He actually didn’t say nothing. He actually winked and smiled and KD was OK with that. So it will get rescinded, we’re not worried about that.”