- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- Updated: October 19, 2016
Immediately after the Cleveland Indians clinched a spot in the World Series by winning the American League pennant, the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James paid tribute to the team by posting a video of the final out and subsequent celebration on his Instagram account.
The victory means that downtown Cleveland will be an incredibly busy place next Tuesday, since the Cavaliers open their season with an 8 p.m. contest at Quicken Loans Arena. That first game will be preceded by the presentation of championship rings and the unfurling of a title banner.
Right next door, Game 1 of the World Series will take place as the Indians host either the Los Angeles Dodgers or Chicago Cubs, approximately 30 minutes later.
After James and company ended a 52-year drought of major league championships in the city of Cleveland, the Indians now have a chance to make it two titles in less than five months.