- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
LeBron James Close to Making Movie With High-Profile Actor
- Updated: September 22, 2016
The four-time MVP is potentially making a movie with actor Mark Wahlberg.
Wahlberg, 45, went on “The Tonight Show” Tuesday night to promote his movie “Deepwater Horizon,” which comes out in September. In the process of talking on the show, Wahlberg dropped some potential hints about he and James possibly making a movie together.
The dynamic between the two stars would be interesting. Surely, if James were to take a vast role in the movie some basketball-related scenarios would have to be introduced, and that’s exactly what Wahlberg pointed to when describing the potential plot.
“These guys get to go to one of these fantasy camps,” Wahlberg said, talking about a camp where kids learn basketball from James. “And me and LeBron have a situation.”
If James were to go through with the film, it wouldn’t be his first rendevous. The 31-year-old took part in the romantic comedy “Trainwreck” last year alongside Amy Schumer, Bill Hader and John Cena.
Although it was James’ first real gig in a movie, the Cavs icon did a great job. The New Yorker wrote about how James’ role in the movie was “the greatest movie performance by an active professional basketball player” and several other critics cited their impressiveness with the NBA superstar.
This will definitely be something interesting to keep an eye on as the Cavs get ready to protect their title this upcoming season. Training camp starts next week.