- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Kyrie Irving Expected to Miss Team USA Exhibition Game with Injury
- Updated: August 2, 2016
Sam Amico tweeted the information, noting that the Indiana Pacers’ Paul George will also sit out the contest:
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) August 1, 2016
The game will be the final tune-up before the start of Olympic play on Saturday. Given the ease with which the United States is expected to win the contest, team head coach Mike Krzyzewski sees little reason to risk the health of two key performers.
Thus far, Irving has averaged 8.5 points and 3.7 assists per game. His time has been limited simply because none of the final margins have been less than 30 points, in favor of the United States.
Entering the Olympics, Irving remains confident that Team USA will come away with its third consecutive gold medal.
“I think we just have a great mix of guys here. The oldest guy is Melo (Carmelo Anthony) and he’s just a great leader for us,” Irving said. “I have a lot of respect for a lot of guys on this team. Seeing them in this environment is different, but I just try to learn as much as possible.”