- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
Report: Kyrie Irving Expected to Miss Team USA Exhibition Game with Injury
- Updated: August 2, 2016
Sam Amico tweeted the information, noting that the Indiana Pacers’ Paul George will also sit out the contest:
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) August 1, 2016
The game will be the final tune-up before the start of Olympic play on Saturday. Given the ease with which the United States is expected to win the contest, team head coach Mike Krzyzewski sees little reason to risk the health of two key performers.
Thus far, Irving has averaged 8.5 points and 3.7 assists per game. His time has been limited simply because none of the final margins have been less than 30 points, in favor of the United States.
Entering the Olympics, Irving remains confident that Team USA will come away with its third consecutive gold medal.
“I think we just have a great mix of guys here. The oldest guy is Melo (Carmelo Anthony) and he’s just a great leader for us,” Irving said. “I have a lot of respect for a lot of guys on this team. Seeing them in this environment is different, but I just try to learn as much as possible.”