- Kevin Love Points Out Difference Between Passing to Collin Sexton and LeBron James
- Cavs Teammates Praise Collin Sexton for Accomplishing This First ‘Real’ NBA Feat
- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
Video: Stephen Curry Fires Back at LeBron James’ MVP Comments
- Updated: May 13, 2016
In the wake of comments from the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James about what the definition of the Most Valuable Player award is, the winner of the league’s last two awards in that category, the Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry, offered his curt response on Friday.
“I’ve gotten really good at ignoring people,” Curry said. “That is the theme of the last two years, so I’m alright.”
While James admitted that Curry was deserving of this year’s award, he wasn’t entirely comfortable with how players are viewed in the context of their value to a team.
“You look at Steph’s numbers. He averaged 30 (points), he led the league in steals, he was 90-50-40 (shooting percentages for free throws, field goals and three-pointers) and they won 73 games,” James said. “Can you have any debate over that? But when you talk about ‘most valuable,’ then you can have a different conversation.”
Golden State will continue its quest for a second-straight NBA title this weekend when they face the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals. Meanwhile, the Cavaliers are still waiting to find out which team they’ll face in the Eastern Conference finals: the Toronto Raptors or Miami Heat. That series will begin either Sunday or Tuesday night.