- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
Cavs Rumors: LeBron James and Kevin Love Expected to Opt Out
- Updated: June 18, 2015
After the 2014-15 Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season officially came to a bitter end on Tuesday night following their 105-97 loss to the Golden State Warriors in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, the Cavs have a handful of pressing needs that must be addressed this offseason.
According to Chris Haynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Cavs General Manager David Griffin expects both James and Love to opt out of their contracts, with Love’s option deadline set for June 25th and James’ for June 29th.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) June 18, 2015
The Cavs, who are fresh off an inspired playoff run that came up just a bit short, are highly optimistic for next season when the team is finally healthy as a collective unit.
“We’re incredibly excited about moving forward with this group. We intend to keep this group together,” said Griffin during his end-of-the-season press conference on Thursday afternoon. “This has the ability to be a special, special group.”