- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing a Decision on Forward Derrick Williams
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game Recap: Running Out of Gas
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Update Injury Status of Iman Shumpert
- Updated: February 8, 2017
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert will sit out the team’s Wednesday night road game against the Indiana Pacers and Thursday night’s away matchup against the Oklahoma City Thunder in order to rest his injured left ankle.
Iman Shumpert (R ankle sprain) is out for tonight and tomorrow's game. DeAndre Liggins will get tonight's start in Indy.
— Joe Gabriele (@CavsJoeG) February 8, 2017
Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue announced the decision during the team’s Wednesday morning shootaround. Shumpert suffered the injury during the second quarter of Monday night’s overtime victory over Washington. He had been guarding Wizards guard Bradley Beal while attempting to defend against Beal’s step-back jumper.
After being taken to the Cavs locker room, Shumpert was ruled out for the remainder of the contest and left Verizon Center on crutches. While the X-ray taken of the ankle was negative, he was seen wearing a walking boot.
Shumpert’s injury again puts the Cavaliers’ depth problems in focus, with only 11 healthy players available for the Pacers game. Cleveland has struggled in their road games against Indiana, having dropped 12 of their last 13 contests in Indianapolis.