- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
- Warriors Shamelessly Steal Cavs’ Entire Playoff Slogan and Design
- Video: LeBron’s Priceless Reaction After His Most Obvious Travel of All-Time
- Kyrie Irving Fires Back at Reporter Who Asks If Cavs Feel Vulnerable
Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
- Updated: January 6, 2017
As the Cleveland Cavaliers continue their quest to find a suitable backup point guard to relieve the duties of superstar Kyrie Irving, three names have been constantly emerging: Jarrett Jack, Mario Chalmers, and Norris Cole.
“The Cavs are also working on obtaining a backup point guard sometime within the next week, with free agent Mario Chalmers believed to be the frontrunner. Free agent and former Cavs guard Jarrett Jack is also said to be in play, as are several others.”
Signing Chalmers makes sense, he already has some established chemistry with former teammate LeBron James. The two formerly played on a Miami Heat team (2010-2014) that won two NBA championships and went to the NBA Finals four consecutive times.
Chalmers holds career averages of 9.0 points and 3.8 assists on 42.1 shooting from the field. The one caveat with the point guard, however, is that he is still rehabilitating from a recent ruptured Achilles.
Nonetheless, the Cavs have a glaring hole at the backup point guard position and the already-proven Chalmers could be the missing piece.