- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
- Updated: January 6, 2017
As the Cleveland Cavaliers continue their quest to find a suitable backup point guard to relieve the duties of superstar Kyrie Irving, three names have been constantly emerging: Jarrett Jack, Mario Chalmers, and Norris Cole.
“The Cavs are also working on obtaining a backup point guard sometime within the next week, with free agent Mario Chalmers believed to be the frontrunner. Free agent and former Cavs guard Jarrett Jack is also said to be in play, as are several others.”
Signing Chalmers makes sense, he already has some established chemistry with former teammate LeBron James. The two formerly played on a Miami Heat team (2010-2014) that won two NBA championships and went to the NBA Finals four consecutive times.
Chalmers holds career averages of 9.0 points and 3.8 assists on 42.1 shooting from the field. The one caveat with the point guard, however, is that he is still rehabilitating from a recent ruptured Achilles.
Nonetheless, the Cavs have a glaring hole at the backup point guard position and the already-proven Chalmers could be the missing piece.