- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
- Klay Thompson Sneak Disses Cleveland Cavaliers During Radio Interview
Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
- Updated: January 6, 2017
As the Cleveland Cavaliers continue their quest to find a suitable backup point guard to relieve the duties of superstar Kyrie Irving, three names have been constantly emerging: Jarrett Jack, Mario Chalmers, and Norris Cole.
“The Cavs are also working on obtaining a backup point guard sometime within the next week, with free agent Mario Chalmers believed to be the frontrunner. Free agent and former Cavs guard Jarrett Jack is also said to be in play, as are several others.”
Signing Chalmers makes sense, he already has some established chemistry with former teammate LeBron James. The two formerly played on a Miami Heat team (2010-2014) that won two NBA championships and went to the NBA Finals four consecutive times.
Chalmers holds career averages of 9.0 points and 3.8 assists on 42.1 shooting from the field. The one caveat with the point guard, however, is that he is still rehabilitating from a recent ruptured Achilles.
Nonetheless, the Cavs have a glaring hole at the backup point guard position and the already-proven Chalmers could be the missing piece.