- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
LeBron James Purchases $21 Million Mansion in Los Angeles
- Updated: November 11, 2015
Knowing that the news, which was first reported by the entertainment magazine Variety, would set off speculation about James’ future with the Cavaliers, a spokesman for the superstar told ESPN.com that there was nothing for Cleveland fans to worry about:
“This is not a basketball decision. He enjoys L.A. as a vacation spot and as a place to relax in the offseason,” said the source.
The home, which was built in 2011 for a real estate developer and his family, is located in the Brentwood district of the city. It has six bedrooms, seven bathrooms and covers approximately 9,350 square feet.
Over the past year, James has made a prominent appearance in the Amy Schumer comedy, “Trainwreck,” and also serves as an executive producer for the Starz series, “Survivor’s Remorse.” Having established a relationship with other entertainment companies that are based in Los Angeles, his business footprint in the industry is expected to continue increasing in the years ahead.
James is making just under $23 million this season and is expected to opt out of his two-year contract with the Cavs next July. Due to an expected large jump in the league’s salary cap, he’ll undoubtedly receive a huge salary increase.