- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Expected to Trade Brendan Haywood to 76ers or Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 24, 2015
Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders reports that the Cavaliers are expected to trade Haywood and his $10.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season to either the Portland Trail Blazers or the Philadelphia 76ers. In return, Cleveland would get a massive $10.5 million trade exception that can be used next season.
Cavaliers are expected to flip Brendan Haywood to either Portland or Philly who would immediate waive him – Cavs get a $10.5m TPE in return
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) July 23, 2015
Cleveland recently traded rookie Rakeem Christmas to the Indiana Pacers for a second-round draft pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. The deal was made to give the Cavaliers roster flexibility and an asset they could use in order to trade Haywood, while creating a larger trade exception.
Once Haywood is acquired by either of these teams, it is expected that he’ll be waived before his salary becomes guaranteed on August 1.