- Timofey Mozgov: ‘To be honest I miss Cleveland. Everything was special there’
- Channing Frye’s Reaction to the Kyle Korver Trade Is Pure Gold
- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
- Video: Kyrie Irving Caps Off Personal 12-0 Run With Unbelievable Circus Shot
- LeBron James: ‘We gotta get a point guard. It’s my last time saying it’
- Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
- Video: Kyle Korver Speaks for First Time on Trade to Cleveland Cavaliers
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Expected to Trade Brendan Haywood to 76ers or Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 24, 2015
Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders reports that the Cavaliers are expected to trade Haywood and his $10.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season to either the Portland Trail Blazers or the Philadelphia 76ers. In return, Cleveland would get a massive $10.5 million trade exception that can be used next season.
Cavaliers are expected to flip Brendan Haywood to either Portland or Philly who would immediate waive him – Cavs get a $10.5m TPE in return
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) July 23, 2015
Cleveland recently traded rookie Rakeem Christmas to the Indiana Pacers for a second-round draft pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. The deal was made to give the Cavaliers roster flexibility and an asset they could use in order to trade Haywood, while creating a larger trade exception.
Once Haywood is acquired by either of these teams, it is expected that he’ll be waived before his salary becomes guaranteed on August 1.