- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Expected to Trade Brendan Haywood to 76ers or Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 24, 2015
Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders reports that the Cavaliers are expected to trade Haywood and his $10.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season to either the Portland Trail Blazers or the Philadelphia 76ers. In return, Cleveland would get a massive $10.5 million trade exception that can be used next season.
Cavaliers are expected to flip Brendan Haywood to either Portland or Philly who would immediate waive him – Cavs get a $10.5m TPE in return
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) July 23, 2015
Cleveland recently traded rookie Rakeem Christmas to the Indiana Pacers for a second-round draft pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. The deal was made to give the Cavaliers roster flexibility and an asset they could use in order to trade Haywood, while creating a larger trade exception.
Once Haywood is acquired by either of these teams, it is expected that he’ll be waived before his salary becomes guaranteed on August 1.