- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Jon Barry: ‘Cavs Think Kyrie Irving Is Done For The Series’
- Updated: June 5, 2015
In the latest bit of speculation about the severity of Kyrie Irving’s injury and his status for the remainder of the NBA Finals, ESPN commentator Jon Barry stated that he had heard that the Cleveland Cavaliers believe that Irving won’t be able to return.
Barry made the comments during an interview on the Dan Patrick Show, but his veracity was somewhat suspect given his phrasing of the potentially devastating news. “I heard something from a Cavalier person – and this is not documented – but they feel like he’s done for the series,” said Barry.
Known more for his bombastic style than his reporting skills, Barry may simply be looking to get ahead on the story if bad news is on the way. While that may occur, if Irving is able to return to the lineup, Barry will face an onslaught of criticism as well as watch his credibility crumble.
Of course, until the results of an official MRI that will be taken Friday afternoon are released, there’s no way of knowing what Irving’s potential status is, beginning with Game 2 of the NBA Finals on Sunday night.