- 5 Signs That Point Kevin Love Making All-Star Team This Season
- Tyronn Lue Said Something to LeBron That Pissed Him off During Game 7 of Finals
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls Game Recap: Lackadaisical Effort Leads to Third Straight Loss
- J.R. Smith Gives Possible Explanation for Recent Shooting Struggles
- Video: Dwyane Wade Trolls LeBron James in Wake of Lost World Series Bet
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Defensive Woes Continue
- Video: Kyrie Irving Punches Paul Pierce Out of Frustration
- Video: Kyrie Irving Loses Chris Paul With Nasty Dribble Move as Bench Erupts
- LeBron James Speaks About Possibly Meeting Warriors in Finals for Third Straight Year
- LeBron James Named Sports Illustrated’s 2016 Sportsperson of the Year
Cavs News: Shawn Marion (Hip) Could Return Tonight vs. Magic
- Updated: March 15, 2015
Marion has been resting his injured left hip for the past two weeks after struggling to play after it was strained more than two months ago. He’s traveled with the team on their four-game road swing, and was a possibility to play in Thursday night’s overtime victory over the San Antonio Spurs, but was held out after the pregame.
However, even if Marion is activated for the game, he’s not likely to see much action. That’s because another veteran, James Jones, has been filling in for him, and given the team’s success so far on the trip, head coach David Blatt may want to avoid tinkering with that current formula.
Those injury struggles have helped limit Marion’s performance this year, which has him scoring 4.9 points and grabbing 3.5 rebounds in 20 minutes per game. Those are all career-lows for the 16-year veteran, who had previously announced that he would be retiring at the end of the season.
Marion was brought in to provide veteran leadership to the team, which has made great strides since the return of LeBron James in mid-January and two key trades. That leadership will no doubt be called upon when playoff time comes around.