- J.R. Smith Addresses His Status for Game 3 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
- Warriors Shamelessly Steal Cavs’ Entire Playoff Slogan and Design
Video: Top 5 Plays from Kyrie Irving’s Career Night
- Updated: March 14, 2015
In what was likely the best NBA game so far this season, Kyrie Irving stole the show with a performance of epic proportions. The first overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft out of Duke University was a man on a mission, scoring a NBA season-high 57 points on the night in the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ thrilling 128-125 overtime victory over the San Antonio Spurs at the AT&T Center.
His eye-popping display in San Antonio had it all: amazingly efficient shooting from the field (a ridiculous 20 of 32 from the floor), masterful three-point shooting (seven of seven from behind the arc), great defense (four steals), perfection from the free throw line (10 of 10 from the charity stripe) and top-tier ball-handling skills. Here’s a countdown of Irving’s top five plays from his legendary night.
5. Irving Shakes Manu out of His Shoes
The average NBA fan would likely think that Spurs shooting guard Manu Ginobili (a future HOF inductee, four-time NBA champion and two-time NBA All-Star) would not receive publicity for something like this. Well, Irving indeed proved us wrong as he made the Argentinean look foolish.
Next: The Disappearing Act