- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
Kyrie Irving’s reasoning for not playing tonight vs. 76ers: ‘I just didn’t want to play’
- Updated: January 7, 2021
The Brooklyn Nets are without superstar guard Kyrie Irving tonight in their matchup against the Philadelphia 76ers.
It was an unexpected absence, and when asked for the reason why he didn’t suit up, the former Cleveland Cavalier gave a blunt response.
Kyrie Irving’s reasoning for not playing in tonight’s game per a close source: “I just didn’t want to play.”
— 👑📍Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson, M.A. (@ScoopB) January 8, 2021
Irving has been on fire to start the 2020-21 season, as he’s averaging 27.1 points a game and shooting very well from the field.
However, the Nets are just 4-4, as they have endured some tough, close losses.
They are also without Kevin Durant tonight, who has been unable to play due to having to quarantine per the NBA’s health and safety protocol.
Even without their two superstars, the Nets came out strong against the red-hot Sixers, as they forged a 10-point lead at the end of three quarters of play.