- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Updated: October 11, 2020
Drummond took to social media to express his excitement about the Browns’ late afternoon home game on Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.
At 6-foot-10, Drummond would offer a huge target for Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield, though his listed weight of 279 pounds might not offer much of a deep threat. Still, at that size, Drummond would no doubt present an intimidating blocking presence for Mayfield.
Exactly how high the 27-year-old Drummond would be able to leap for a pass might be a source of debate, but having been an NBA rebounding champion four times, Drummond has shown that he can certainly get up in the air.
Of course, it’s doubtful the Browns would be able to offer Drummond anything close to what he’s currently set to make for the next NBA season. Drummond has indicated that he’ll exercise his $28.75 million option for next season and is reportedly amenable to a contract extension with the Cavs.
So, for now, Drummond will have to be content to ply his trade at his regular job and put away any whimsical thoughts he might have about playing football.