- Lou Williams Claps Back at Kendrick Perkins, Threatens to Check Him When They Meet in Real Life
- Kendrick Perkins Publicly Destroys Lou Williams, Says 20-Year-Old Zion Williamson More Mature
- Report: Kyrie Irving Commits $1.5 Million to Help Pay WNBA Players Sitting Out 2020 Season
- Dion Waiters Identifies Major Difference in Playing With LeBron James on Lakers vs. on Cavs
- Andre Drummond Throws Shade at Haters for Not Being Considered for Defensive Player of the Year
- Report: Cavs Want Andre Drummond to Pair With Kevin Love Similar to How He Did With Blake Griffin
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Often Confused by Andre Drummond’s 3-Point Attempts
- Andre Drummond Expresses Deep Sorrow After Former UConn Star Found Dead in Home
- Cavs Center Tristan Thompson Puts Luxurious $8.5M Mansion Up for Sale (Full Gallery Inside)
- Kevin Love Shows Off Personally Captured Photo of Stunning Supermodel Girlfriend
Report: People Around NBA ‘Scoff’ at Cavs’ Trade Expectations for Kevin Love
- Updated: July 19, 2020
However, the team’s asking price for Love is far too high according to some people around the league, per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com.
“The Cavs will not do a salary dump for Love,” wrote Fedor. “They want some combination of draft picks and young, ascending players for Love. Now, in order to get that kind of haul, which many around the league continue to scoff at, the Cavs would likely need to take back a bloated salary. In that kind of package, the draft pick would be considered the Cavs’ sweetener in exchange for the other team’s bad, lengthier salary.”
Love, 31, is heading out of the prime of his career.
The Cavs are still in the early stages of a massive rebuild. It is highly unlikely that they will be championship contenders soon.
In fact, the Cavs finished in last place in the Eastern Conference this season.
As for Love, he put up 17.6 points, 9.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game this season. While he is no longer at the peak of his career, he can still be a major asset on a competitive team.
Over the course of his career, Love has averages of 18.2 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists per contest.