- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Report: Cavs to Take ‘Long Look’ at Derrick Jones Jr. in Free Agency
- Updated: June 12, 2020
“I expect Cleveland to take a long look at Miami’s Derrick Jones Jr., a high-flying 6-6 combo forward who is only 23, but the Cavs will have a lot of company,” Hollinger wrote. “Even with a full MLE offer, I’m not sure the Cavs can win here.”
Jones Jr. is best known for his entertaining slam dunks. However, the 23-year-old has a ton more in his arsenal.
Before the novel coronavirus paused the 2019-20 season, Jones Jr. was having the best campaign of his career. He is posting 8.9 points, 4.2 boards and 1.1 steals in 24.5 minutes per game this season.
Although he doesn’t provide superstar production, he does all the little things that contribute to winning. The highflier plays great defense, hustles with passion and finishes around the rim.
The youngster is set to become a free agent following the conclusion of the season.
While the Heat are gearing up for a deep playoff run in Orlando, Fla., the Cavaliers are extending their already long hiatus.
The Cavs were not invited to the NBA’s resumption of the 2019-20 season. However, the rebuilding squad will get a chance to watch and scout other upcoming free agents, such as Jones Jr., this summer.