- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Updated: May 24, 2020
While the team is currently last in the Eastern Conference, there are plenty reasons to be excited for the future, including Porter Jr.
The 20-year-old shooting guard also seems thrilled to be playing in Cleveland, and he said as much in his latest social media post.
The Cavaliers paid quite a sum to acquire Porter Jr. in the 2019 NBA Draft.
The University of Southern California product was drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks with the 30th overall pick.
However, the Cavaliers coveted him so much that they gave up a total of four second-round draft picks and cash considerations to trade for him.
While Porter Jr. had a rough start to his NBA career, he has been able to show flashes of his potential.
He had a seven-game stretch from January to February where he scored in double digits. He then followed that up two weeks later with the best game of his young career, posting a season-high 30 points.
Before the season was put on hiatus, Porter Jr. was averaging 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.