- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Updated: May 24, 2020
Israeli basketball team Maccabi Tel Aviv is interested in acquiring the talents of the 6-foot-10 Croatian to bolster their lineup next season.
With Zizic playing in the final year of his contract, he will more than likely consider a potential contract offer from any international team. If Maccabi Tel Aviv were to offer him a deal, it is expected that the number would be much higher than his current salary of $2.2 million.
Zizic’s production this year is down compared to that of last season. He is only averaging 10.0 minutes per game this year compared to last year’s 18.3.
Consequently, he is only putting up 4.4 points and 3.0 rebounds per game this season, which is a far cry from last season’s 7.8 points and 5.4 rebounds per contest.
With the Cavs’ acquisition of two-time All-Star center Andre Drummond from the Detroit Pistons earlier this year, it is highly unlikely that Zizic will fit into the team’s future plans as Drummond is expected to pick up his player option for next season.
The Boston Celtics took Zizic with the No. 23 overall pick of the 2016 NBA Draft. When the Cavs traded Kyrie Irving to the Celtics in the summer of 2017, Zizic was part of the package that also included Isaiah Thomas and Jae Crowder.