- Tristan Thompson Reveals His Biggest Concern in Resuming NBA Season
- Former Cavs Big Man Says LeBron James, Not Michael Jordan, Should Be No. 1 in ESPN Player Rankings
- Report: Cavs Could Go After Josh Jackson, Derrick Jones Jr. and Harry Giles in Free Agency
- Phil Handy Reveals Fans Would Be ‘Shocked’ From Footage of 2016 Cavs Documentary
- Larry Nance Jr. and His Dad Have Been Having Constant Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James Debates
- Larry Nance Jr. Says NBA Needs to Crown Champion This Season
- Report: Majority of NBA Players Eliminated From Playoff Contention Want Regular Season Cancelled
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. Eager to ‘Play Anywhere’ as Long as Season Resumes
- Jayson Tatum Admits He Watches His Famous Dunk Over LeBron James Every Single Day
- Kevin Love Shows Respect to Collin Sexton for Telling Penny Hardaway His Son Was Trash
Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Updated: March 31, 2020
— The Boardroom (@boardroom) March 31, 2020
“The league hopes to launch the event Friday, with the 16-player tournament lasting 10 days,” wrote Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. “It is expected to include stars such as the Utah Jazz’s Donovan Mitchell, four-time All-Star DeMarcus Cousins and two-time All-Star Andre Drummond, among other big-name players, sources said.”
According to the report, the NBA 2K tournament will be applying social-distancing measures as the players will be going up against their opponents in the safety of their own homes.
Though the event is expected to commence in a few days, details of the tournament are still being finalized, according to Yahoo! Sports’ sources.
With the league suspending play a few weeks ago due to the coronavirus pandemic, a tournament amongst NBA players will surely generate renewed interest in the game.
Drummond is a part of a generation of players who regularly play video games in their spare time, and his skills as a gamer will be put on display this week.
The three-time rebounding champion has an 85 overall rating in NBA 2K20, and his archetype is “Paint Beast,” owing to his dominance as a post player in the league.
For the 2019-20 season, Drummond is averaging a career-high 17.7 points per game, and he leads the league with 15.2 rebounds a night. He came to the Cavs in a blockbuster trade with the Detroit Pistons last February.