- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Pursuing Detroit Pistons Center Andre Drummond
- Updated: January 7, 2020
About a month before the NBA’s trade deadline, it looks like the rumor mill is starting to heat up.
Drummond is arguably the best player on the trade market right now. He’s always been a great rebounder, and is averaging 15.9 boards a game so far this season. He’s also putting up 2.0 steals and 1.9 blocks per game, as well as a career-high 17.4 points.
At just 26 years of age, Drummond can still be an effective player in several years when the Cavs may once again be an elite team.
Drummond makes just over $27 million for this season, which means that a straight-up swap for Kevin Love could work. However, given that Love is 31, has three years left on his contract and has a history of injuries, it’s questionable if the Pistons want him.
Another possibility would be the Cavs trading Tristan Thompson, who makes just over $18.5 million this season and is an expiring contract.