- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Pursuing Detroit Pistons Center Andre Drummond
- Updated: January 7, 2020
About a month before the NBA’s trade deadline, it looks like the rumor mill is starting to heat up.
According to ESPN insider Bobby Marks, the Cleveland Cavaliers are apparently interested in acquiring Andre Drummond from the Detroit Pistons.
“The division-rival Cleveland Cavaliers could have interest in Drummond. The Cavs are having discussions within their front office on the ‘cost to get into the Andre Drummond sweepstakes.'”
Drummond is arguably the best player on the trade market right now. He’s always been a great rebounder, and is averaging 15.9 boards a game so far this season. He’s also putting up 2.0 steals and 1.9 blocks per game, as well as a career-high 17.4 points.
At just 26 years of age, Drummond can still be an effective player in several years when the Cavs may once again be an elite team.
Drummond makes just over $27 million for this season, which means that a straight-up swap for Kevin Love could work. However, given that Love is 31, has three years left on his contract and has a history of injuries, it’s questionable if the Pistons want him.
Another possibility would be the Cavs trading Tristan Thompson, who makes just over $18.5 million this season and is an expiring contract.