- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- Updated: September 14, 2019
On Friday night, the Cavaliers’ next door neighbors, the Cleveland Indians, took time to pay tribute to McLeod with a moment of silence prior to their scheduled game at Progressive Field on Friday night.
A moment of silence for Fred McLeod.
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) September 13, 2019
The contest marked the Indians’ first game at home since McLeod’s death. His past connection with the team came back in 1979, when he was part of the franchise’s television broadcasting team for then-local CBS affiliate WJW. At that time, he was also a member of the station’s sports department before leaving for a similar job in the Bay Area.
McLeod found his way back to the Midwest when he became the play-by-play broadcaster for the Detroit Pistons, a job he held for 22 years before becoming the broadcaster for the Cavs in 2006. He was set to begin his 14th year with the team at the time of his death.
Having grown up in the Cleveland area, McLeod was a fan of all Cleveland sports teams. The day before his death, he and his wife Beth were in attendance at the Cleveland Browns’ opening game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.