- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Updated: August 19, 2019
However, he’s now facing a much more serious challenge regarding his health after announcing that he’s battling multiple sclerosis.
— Emiliano Carchia (@Carchia) August 19, 2019
After coaching for decades at the international level, Blatt was named the Cavs head coach on June 20, 2014, with the team still in the midst of a lengthy rebuilding project.
That quickly made the Cavs prime contenders for an NBA title, with the team eventually reaching the 2015 finals before falling to the Golden State Warriors in six games.
Getting to that point didn’t come without turmoil within the team, however, with some rumors suggesting that Blatt would be fired during the regular season.
Midway through the 2015-16 season, Blatt was abruptly fired and replaced by Tyronn Lue, despite the Cavaliers having the best record in the Eastern Conference at the time.
Blatt ended his tenure with the Cavs with a regular season record of 83-40 (.675). He then returned to international coaching by spending two seasons in the Turkish Super League before moving to the Greek Basketball League to coach Olympiacos.
Despite his diagnosis, the 60-year-old Blatt intends to continue coaching, with one more year remaining on his contract.