- Report: Cavs could be landing spot for Celtics forward Gordon Hayward
- Report: Cavs and Knicks discussing trade ahead of NBA draft
- Police release terrifying photographs from site of Kevin Porter Jr.’s car crash
- Video: Kevin Love makes heartbreaking admission that he still has suicidal thoughts
- Report: Cavs looking to trade down in order to draft Obi Toppin
- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
- Updated: August 16, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ quiet offseason made some noise on Friday with the signing of free agent forward Jarell Martin to a one-year deal.
Cavaliers signed former first-round pick F Jarrell Martin to a one-year, non-guaranteed deal, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 16, 2019
The 25-year-old Martin was selected in the first round of the 2015 NBA Draft out of Louisiana State University by the Memphis Grizzlies, the 25th player taken overall. During his four-year career in the league, he spent the first three seasons with the Grizzlies before being traded in July 2018 to the Orlando Magic.
While Martin has played in 184 NBA games, he’s also seen plenty of time in the G League. In his NBA contests, he’s started 40, with 36 coming during the 2017-18 season and has averaged 5.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.