- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
- Kevin Durant Says He Was Never One of Warriors, Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Best Friend’ in Entire League
- LeBron James, Channing Frye, and Cavs Players Respond to Passing of Fred McLeod
- Report: Cavs Mourn Passing of Play-By-Play Announcer Fred McLeod
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Got Into Heated Altercation With Kanye West
- Darius Garland Impresses Both Ben Simmons and Renowned NBA Trainer With ‘Unlimited’ Range
- Cedi Osman Hits Buzzer-Beater, Dominates World Cup Game
- Report: Anderson Varejao Hints He’s Interested in Coming Back to Cavs
- Former NBA Big Man Thinks LeBron James, Cavs Prepared for Spurs Over Warriors in 2015
Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
- Updated: August 16, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ quiet offseason made some noise on Friday with the signing of free agent forward Jarell Martin to a one-year deal.
Cavaliers signed former first-round pick F Jarrell Martin to a one-year, non-guaranteed deal, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 16, 2019
The 25-year-old Martin was selected in the first round of the 2015 NBA Draft out of Louisiana State University by the Memphis Grizzlies, the 25th player taken overall. During his four-year career in the league, he spent the first three seasons with the Grizzlies before being traded in July 2018 to the Orlando Magic.
While Martin has played in 184 NBA games, he’s also seen plenty of time in the G League. In his NBA contests, he’s started 40, with 36 coming during the 2017-18 season and has averaged 5.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.