- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
- Updated: August 16, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ quiet offseason made some noise on Friday with the signing of free agent forward Jarell Martin to a one-year deal.
Cavaliers signed former first-round pick F Jarrell Martin to a one-year, non-guaranteed deal, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 16, 2019
The 25-year-old Martin was selected in the first round of the 2015 NBA Draft out of Louisiana State University by the Memphis Grizzlies, the 25th player taken overall. During his four-year career in the league, he spent the first three seasons with the Grizzlies before being traded in July 2018 to the Orlando Magic.
While Martin has played in 184 NBA games, he’s also seen plenty of time in the G League. In his NBA contests, he’s started 40, with 36 coming during the 2017-18 season and has averaged 5.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.