- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Updated: August 2, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers roster for the 2019-20 NBA season is mostly set, but they have two roster spots remaining and very little money to spend.
However, the Cavaliers are currently about $2.85 million below the luxury tax threshold and seem reluctant to go over that. As a result, they can only add one player on a minimum contract to avoid paying the luxury tax for the 2019-20 season.
Fedor noted that three players — Sindarius Thornwell, Tyler Dorsey and Wayne Selden Jr. – could fit within those parameters.
Thornwell was a second-round draft pick in 2017. A 6-foot-5, 215-pound shooting guard, he showed some spark from long-range in his rookie season by making 37.7 percent of his 3-point attempts in 2017-18.
Dorsey is a 6-foot-5, 183-pound guard who was also selected in the second round of the NBA draft two years ago. He has averaged 6.3 points per game and shot 35 percent from 3-point range in his two NBA seasons.
Selden stands 6-foot-5 and weighs 230 pounds. He’s played only 124 games in his three seasons, but shot 40.2 percent from downtown for Memphis in the 2017-18 season.