- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
Former Cavs Player Says Team Wouldn’t Have Won 2016 Finals Without LeBron’s Motivational Speeches
- Updated: July 23, 2019
As all fans know, James and company clawed back from a 3-1 deficit to win in seven games in the series.
According to former Cavs big man Timofey Mozgov, that comeback simply would not have been possible without James’ locker room inspiration that he offered his teammates during the series.
Mozgov spoke to EuroHoops.net to express his respect for James.
“If LeBron only played like he played and didn’t do his locker room speeches, we wouldn’t have won,” he said. “As good as he was on the court, if he didn’t motivate the team as he did, we wouldn’t have won. He motivated us and made sure that we had the right attitude.
“When we were trailing 3-1 not one player on the team thought we’d lose, thanks to him.”
It’s an incredible statement to make about James. Basically, Mozgov is saying that even with the incredible performances James displayed in the seven-game series, it was his attitude and leadership ability that really won the series.
James averaged a mind-blowing 29.7 points, 11.3 rebounds, 8.9 assists, 2.6 steals, and 2.3 blocks per game in that series.
While both Mozgov’s and James’ time with the Cavs have come to an end, it’s clear that that championship victory will continue to serve as a gift that keeps on giving.