- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Channing Frye Hilariously Belittles Jared Dudley’s Signing With Los Angeles Lakers
- Updated: July 3, 2019
Former Cleveland Cavalier Channing Frye took to social media and hilariously belittled Jared Dudley’s recent signing with the Los Angeles Lakers. Frye tweeted the following message, which certainly got many fans laughing.
I think he’s trade bait. https://t.co/uAcf4o7c90
Dudley joined the Lakers on Tuesday, agreeing to a one-year deal worth the veteran’s minimum of $2.6 million. Shortly afterwards and to the amusement of NBA fans, he changed his Twitter avatar to a photoshopped image of himself, along with LeBron James and Anthony Davis, in a Lakers uniform.
Frye and Dudley were teammates on the Phoenix Suns from 2009 to 2013, and have shared a close camaraderie ever since. Moreover, both players are known for their humor in real life and on social media, and spread contagious enthusiasm wherever they go. It will be interesting to see if, and what, Dudley writes back in response.