- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
Report: Cavs Have Discussed Trading J.R. Smith for Kent Bazemore With Hawks
- Updated: June 20, 2019
Smith’s expiring contract is quite enticing to a number of teams who want to go under the salary cap and would also like to swap picks with the Cavaliers.
According to a Thursday report, one scenario that has been discussed is a trade with the Atlanta Hawks including veteran Kent Bazemore.
The Hawks seem like they are still in the hunt with the Cavs… heard JR Smith for Kent Bazemore has been discussed. The volume of chatter this year might be unprecedented in terms of teams moving picks https://t.co/qiJ91yx5yy
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) June 20, 2019
The Hawks could waive Smith for a cap-friendly $3.8 million before the month ends or they could stretch it across three years.
Bazemore also has an expiring contract like Smith’s, but he could become a part of the Cavs rotation next season.
If this trade happens, expect the two teams to swap draft picks as well, with the Cavs receiving the Hawks’ No. 8 and No. 10 overall picks, and Cleveland’s No. 5 pick in the first round going to Atlanta.