- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Report: Cavs Have Discussed Trading J.R. Smith for Kent Bazemore With Hawks
- Updated: June 20, 2019
Smith’s expiring contract is quite enticing to a number of teams who want to go under the salary cap and would also like to swap picks with the Cavaliers.
According to a Thursday report, one scenario that has been discussed is a trade with the Atlanta Hawks including veteran Kent Bazemore.
The Hawks seem like they are still in the hunt with the Cavs… heard JR Smith for Kent Bazemore has been discussed. The volume of chatter this year might be unprecedented in terms of teams moving picks https://t.co/qiJ91yx5yy
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) June 20, 2019
The Hawks could waive Smith for a cap-friendly $3.8 million before the month ends or they could stretch it across three years.
Bazemore also has an expiring contract like Smith’s, but he could become a part of the Cavs rotation next season.
If this trade happens, expect the two teams to swap draft picks as well, with the Cavs receiving the Hawks’ No. 8 and No. 10 overall picks, and Cleveland’s No. 5 pick in the first round going to Atlanta.