- Cavs News: LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love Voted Best Cavaliers Ever
- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
Report: Cavs Have Discussed Trading J.R. Smith for Kent Bazemore With Hawks
- Updated: June 20, 2019
Smith’s expiring contract is quite enticing to a number of teams who want to go under the salary cap and would also like to swap picks with the Cavaliers.
According to a Thursday report, one scenario that has been discussed is a trade with the Atlanta Hawks including veteran Kent Bazemore.
The Hawks seem like they are still in the hunt with the Cavs… heard JR Smith for Kent Bazemore has been discussed. The volume of chatter this year might be unprecedented in terms of teams moving picks https://t.co/qiJ91yx5yy
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) June 20, 2019
The Hawks could waive Smith for a cap-friendly $3.8 million before the month ends or they could stretch it across three years.
Bazemore also has an expiring contract like Smith’s, but he could become a part of the Cavs rotation next season.
If this trade happens, expect the two teams to swap draft picks as well, with the Cavs receiving the Hawks’ No. 8 and No. 10 overall picks, and Cleveland’s No. 5 pick in the first round going to Atlanta.