- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
- David Griffin privately wept in an Oakland broom closet while the Cavs were celebrating in 2016
Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Updated: March 19, 2019
Isaiah Thomas on what might have been if he had never been dealt from Boston:
“Yeah, we would have probably won a championship already.”
— Chris Forsberg (@ChrisForsberg_) March 19, 2019
Thomas, 30, has been very outspoken about the infamous trade that sent the former All-Star from the Boston Celtics to the Cavaliers in 2017. The Cavs shipped disgruntled star Kyrie Irving to the Celtics in exchange for Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and a couple of draft picks. The prized Nets pick turned into Collin Sexton.
Before getting moved, the 5-foot-9 point guard was averaging an amazing 28.9 points and 5.9 assists per game during the 2016-17 NBA season. In fact, the tiny assassin nearly led the Celtics to the NBA Finals in 2017, falling just three games short of advancing.
Unfortunately, Thomas’ career took a downward turn after the guard missed months of playing time with a serious hip injury. The veteran has bounced around the league since the trade, and is currently putting up a career-low 8.6 points in 15.6 minutes per game this season with the Nuggets.
While it’s wishful thinking that Thomas and the Celtics would have won a championship if the two parties remained together, it’s unlikely considering the heaviness of Thomas’ injury.