- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Updated: February 19, 2019
For more than a decade, LeBron James and Kevin Durant have been two of the top players in the NBA.
For the first time in a while, there’s some very real discussion about whether or not the former Cleveland Cavaliers superstar is the best player in the world.
Many players can make a case for dethroning James, but perhaps none can do so as convincingly as Durant. Over the weekend Durant, who was named the All-Star Game MVP on Sunday, addressed the issue of who the best player is.
His answer was both confident and diplomatic.
“I don’t believe I’m better than anyone, but I don’t believe [anybody] is better than me,” Durant said. “And I think that’s how a lot of people feel.”
Durant, who has been named the NBA Finals MVP in each of the last two seasons with the Golden State Warriors, is putting up very similar numbers to James. who is playing his first season with the Los Angeles Lakers.
A 10-time All-Star, Durant is averaging 27.6 points, 7.0 rebounds, and 5.9 assists per game this year, while James, a 15-time All-Star, is averaging 26.8 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 7.6 assists per game.
While James still has Durant beat in terms of championships, with three rings to two, that could likely change in a matter of months. The Warriors are currently looking to win a third straight title this season.