- Larry Nance Jr. Backs LeBron James Against Criticism From Skip Bayless
- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
Larry Drew Says Having Kevin Love Travel With Team ‘Makes the Guys Feel Good’
- Updated: January 27, 2019
“Well, it helps a lot. It helps a lot,” stated Drew. “As you know, Kevin has not been with us all season long and now that he’s able to be around the team, I’m sure our guys are excited having him around us. I see him in the ear of a lot of our young players talking to them. Just his presence alone, I’m sure it makes the guys feel good. And me, as the coach, I’m happy to have him around. I’m happy that he’s with us, accompanying us on all of our road trips. Hopefully, he’ll keep doing that until we get him back.”
For a young team like the Cavs, there’s no substitute for a strong, veteran presence in the locker room. Love exudes a level of maturity and professionalism that Cleveland’s new blood needs to see daily. Yet, due to the severity of his injury, the team hasn’t been able to see it while on the road until now.
Fortunately for Cleveland, it seems as though Love is poised for a return sooner rather than later. On Jan. 24, he participated in a full, non-contact practice for the first time since going down with his toe injury.
However, despite the progress, the Cavs will most likely be without Love in their next game on Tuesday night against the Washington Wizards.