- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Larry Drew Says Having Kevin Love Travel With Team ‘Makes the Guys Feel Good’
- Updated: January 27, 2019
“Well, it helps a lot. It helps a lot,” stated Drew. “As you know, Kevin has not been with us all season long and now that he’s able to be around the team, I’m sure our guys are excited having him around us. I see him in the ear of a lot of our young players talking to them. Just his presence alone, I’m sure it makes the guys feel good. And me, as the coach, I’m happy to have him around. I’m happy that he’s with us, accompanying us on all of our road trips. Hopefully, he’ll keep doing that until we get him back.”
For a young team like the Cavs, there’s no substitute for a strong, veteran presence in the locker room. Love exudes a level of maturity and professionalism that Cleveland’s new blood needs to see daily. Yet, due to the severity of his injury, the team hasn’t been able to see it while on the road until now.
Fortunately for Cleveland, it seems as though Love is poised for a return sooner rather than later. On Jan. 24, he participated in a full, non-contact practice for the first time since going down with his toe injury.
However, despite the progress, the Cavs will most likely be without Love in their next game on Tuesday night against the Washington Wizards.