- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Report: Possible Candidates for Cavs’ Head Coaching Job Revealed
- Updated: January 25, 2019
On Thursday, it was revealed that the Cleveland Cavaliers have begun their search for who may take up the mantle as head coach in the near future. While the initial report did not name any specific candidates for the role, a Friday report by Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net has clarified who may be at the top of the Cavs’ list.
“Alabama coach Avery Johnson, who has coached in the NBA, and former Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel were two of the names mentioned by sources, as was former Detroit Pistons, Miami Heat and Magic coach Stan Van Gundy,” Amico wrote.
“Former Golden State Warriors coach and current ESPN analyst Mark Jackson could become another candidate.”
It is good to see that the Cavs are reportedly considering some coaches who have had past experience and past success in the NBA. For a team like the Cavs, who currently lack strong leadership within the roster, a veteran coach could be the perfect fit.
“Meanwhile, the Cavs’ front office, led by general manager Koby Altman, would likely target a first-time NBA head coach with experience developing players and/or coaching in the G League, multiple sources with knowledge of their thinking said,” the article read.
No matter which route the Cavs end up going, it will be fascinating to see if a new coach can make the changes necessary to bring this team back to a competitive level.