- Here Are Landing Spots for Kevin Love in Potential Deals That ‘Make Sense’
- Beth McLeod’s Emotional Reaction to Major Honor From Cavs Organization
- Cavs News: LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love Voted Best Cavaliers Ever
- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
Report: Possible Candidates for Cavs’ Head Coaching Job Revealed
- Updated: January 25, 2019
On Thursday, it was revealed that the Cleveland Cavaliers have begun their search for who may take up the mantle as head coach in the near future. While the initial report did not name any specific candidates for the role, a Friday report by Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net has clarified who may be at the top of the Cavs’ list.
“Alabama coach Avery Johnson, who has coached in the NBA, and former Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel were two of the names mentioned by sources, as was former Detroit Pistons, Miami Heat and Magic coach Stan Van Gundy,” Amico wrote.
“Former Golden State Warriors coach and current ESPN analyst Mark Jackson could become another candidate.”
It is good to see that the Cavs are reportedly considering some coaches who have had past experience and past success in the NBA. For a team like the Cavs, who currently lack strong leadership within the roster, a veteran coach could be the perfect fit.
“Meanwhile, the Cavs’ front office, led by general manager Koby Altman, would likely target a first-time NBA head coach with experience developing players and/or coaching in the G League, multiple sources with knowledge of their thinking said,” the article read.
No matter which route the Cavs end up going, it will be fascinating to see if a new coach can make the changes necessary to bring this team back to a competitive level.