- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Kanye West Makes Surprising Statement About LeBron’s Move From Cavs to Lakers
- Updated: October 2, 2018
Rapper Kanye West has a reputation for making controversial and surprising statements on any number of topics that go beyond his current status as a recording artist.
In one of his latest comments, he told TMZ Sports that he believes that former Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James should have re-signed with the team, rather than leave in free agency to join the Los Angeles Lakers.
The surprising aspect of the remarks to TMZ’s Harvey Levin might be seen in the fact that West lives in Los Angeles and would presumably be expected to cheer the fact that James is now wearing a Lakers jersey. However, one cynical reason why he may have made the statement is that it might curry favor with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who he had a scheduled meeting with the following day.
Exploring the issue more closely would also show that West’s sister-in-law is Khloe Kardashian, who’s in a relationship Cavaliers center Tristan Thompson and gave birth to their daughter earlier this year. Still having James on the Cavaliers would have given the team the opportunity to reach the NBA Finals for a fifth consecutive year
Equally unsurprising when it comes to West’s comments is that they might raise the eyebrows of anyone having interest in his opinion. He’s been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump and has defiantly held that belief amid relentless criticism.
As in this particular instance, he’s also been unafraid on multiple occasions to wear the “Make America Great Again” hat that was a staple of Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.
Of course, the reality is that James made his decision in July, ending his second run with the team. There’s a slight possibility that James could return to the Cavaliers at some point down the road, but for the near future, he’s a member of the Lakers and the Cavaliers are in the midst of a rebuild.