- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
NBA News: Toronto Raptors ‘Finalizing’ Trade for Kawhi Leonard
- Updated: July 18, 2018
According to Adrian Wojnarowski and Chris Haynes of ESPN, the Toronto Raptors are “finalizing” a trade with the San Antonio Spurs to acquire superstar Kawhi Leonard. In exchange, the Raptors are sending All-Star DeMar DeRozan in a trade package:
“An agreement in principle could be reached as soon as Wednesday, league sources said.
“Leonard and DeRozan are both aware that an agreement could be imminent, and neither is expressing enthusiasm for the deal, league sources said.
“Toronto and San Antonio have been talking about the trade for two weeks, and several incarnations of packages have been discussed, league sources said.”
Raptors president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri is taking a clear gamble when it comes to Leonard. The former Finals MVP has made it clear that he will only sign with Los Angeles Lakers when he becomes a free agent next summer. So the Raptors will have essentially one year to convince Leonard to stay in Toronto, similarly to the situation the Oklahoma City Thunder found themselves in with Paul George.
Meanwhile, a exasperated DeRozan has three years and $83 million left on his contract. The Eastern Conference All-Star was reportedly blindsided as he was assured by Raptors brass during summer league that he wouldn’t be traded