- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
NBA News: Toronto Raptors ‘Finalizing’ Trade for Kawhi Leonard
- Updated: July 18, 2018
According to Adrian Wojnarowski and Chris Haynes of ESPN, the Toronto Raptors are “finalizing” a trade with the San Antonio Spurs to acquire superstar Kawhi Leonard. In exchange, the Raptors are sending All-Star DeMar DeRozan in a trade package:
“An agreement in principle could be reached as soon as Wednesday, league sources said.
“Leonard and DeRozan are both aware that an agreement could be imminent, and neither is expressing enthusiasm for the deal, league sources said.
“Toronto and San Antonio have been talking about the trade for two weeks, and several incarnations of packages have been discussed, league sources said.”
Raptors president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri is taking a clear gamble when it comes to Leonard. The former Finals MVP has made it clear that he will only sign with Los Angeles Lakers when he becomes a free agent next summer. So the Raptors will have essentially one year to convince Leonard to stay in Toronto, similarly to the situation the Oklahoma City Thunder found themselves in with Paul George.
Meanwhile, a exasperated DeRozan has three years and $83 million left on his contract. The Eastern Conference All-Star was reportedly blindsided as he was assured by Raptors brass during summer league that he wouldn’t be traded