- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
- Report: There Are Those in Cavs Front Office Who Believe R.J. Barrett Is Better Than Ja Morant
Cavs News: LeBron James Wins Play of the Year at 2018 NBA Awards
- Updated: June 25, 2018
LeBron James had one of the best clutch shots of the season with a game-winner against the Minnesota Timberwolves in a February game just before the trade deadline. James had the Clutch Shot of the Year (voted by the fans) and it was awarded the Play of the Year for the 2017-18 season at the second annual NBA Awards.
The Cleveland Cavaliers were in the midst of a rocky season with several losing streaks heading into the game against the Timberwolves. The game-winning shot propelled the Cavs to a four-game winning streak and revitalized the team’s chances of gaining one of the top four playoff spots in the Eastern Conference.
Unfortunately, the four-time NBA MVP was not present to accept the award
James scored the most points in the clutch in the 2017-18 season, making him truly worthy of the award.
Other categories nominated for Play of the Year were Dunk of the Year, Assist of the Year, Block of the Year and Handle of the Year, all of which were determined exclusively by fan voting.