- Kevin Love takes swipe at Donald Trump as 2020 presidential debate gets heated
- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
Cavs News: LeBron James Wins Play of the Year at 2018 NBA Awards
- Updated: June 25, 2018
LeBron James had one of the best clutch shots of the season with a game-winner against the Minnesota Timberwolves in a February game just before the trade deadline. James had the Clutch Shot of the Year (voted by the fans) and it was awarded the Play of the Year for the 2017-18 season at the second annual NBA Awards.
The Cleveland Cavaliers were in the midst of a rocky season with several losing streaks heading into the game against the Timberwolves. The game-winning shot propelled the Cavs to a four-game winning streak and revitalized the team’s chances of gaining one of the top four playoff spots in the Eastern Conference.
Unfortunately, the four-time NBA MVP was not present to accept the award
James scored the most points in the clutch in the 2017-18 season, making him truly worthy of the award.
Other categories nominated for Play of the Year were Dunk of the Year, Assist of the Year, Block of the Year and Handle of the Year, all of which were determined exclusively by fan voting.