- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
Cavs News: LeBron James Wins Play of the Year at 2018 NBA Awards
- Updated: June 25, 2018
LeBron James had one of the best clutch shots of the season with a game-winner against the Minnesota Timberwolves in a February game just before the trade deadline. James had the Clutch Shot of the Year (voted by the fans) and it was awarded the Play of the Year for the 2017-18 season at the second annual NBA Awards.
The Cleveland Cavaliers were in the midst of a rocky season with several losing streaks heading into the game against the Timberwolves. The game-winning shot propelled the Cavs to a four-game winning streak and revitalized the team’s chances of gaining one of the top four playoff spots in the Eastern Conference.
Unfortunately, the four-time NBA MVP was not present to accept the award
James scored the most points in the clutch in the 2017-18 season, making him truly worthy of the award.
Other categories nominated for Play of the Year were Dunk of the Year, Assist of the Year, Block of the Year and Handle of the Year, all of which were determined exclusively by fan voting.