- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
- Report: There Are Those in Cavs Front Office Who Believe R.J. Barrett Is Better Than Ja Morant
ESPN Insider Confirms LeBron James Considering Only Two Teams in Free Agency
- Updated: June 22, 2018
As stated more than a week ago by Fox Sports 1’s Colin Cowherd, Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James has likely narrowed down his free-agency decision to just two teams: Cleveland and Los Angeles.
A big part of the reasoning continues to revolve around James’ family and where they feel most comfortable settling down. James currently has homes both in Cleveland and Los Angeles.
On a Thursday edition of ESPN’s “The Jump,” Brian Windhorst corroborated Cowherd’s statement and said that he believes James is considering just two teams to join this summer.
— Lakers Outsiders (@LakersOutsiders) June 22, 2018
“I think it’s really where his family is gonna be qualifies the teams,” said Windhorst. “You have to get by his wife Savannah and his sons to say yes. I think L.A. and Cleveland pass that and I think that’s why they’re in the driver seat right now, those two teams.
James has until July 29 to opt in or out of the final year of his contract, while free agency will officially begin on July 1.