- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Video: J.R. Smith Shoves Al Horford Mid-Air, Marcus Smarts Retaliates
- Updated: May 15, 2018
With 3:49 left in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals, a near-fight took place after the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ J.R. Smith gave a push to Al Horford of the Boston Celtics. In the wake of the push, Smith was nearly attacked by the Celtics’ Marcus Smart, leading to technical fouls being assessed to both players. Smith was also assessed a flagrant foul for his push on Horford.
— SLAM Magazine (@SLAMonline) May 16, 2018
Smith’s push was delivered in frustration as the Cavaliers watched a 55-48 halftime advantage disappear, with the incident coming as the Celtics were holding a 12-point lead at 99-89.
The Game 2 loss means the Cavaliers will head back to Cleveland trailing 2-0 in the series.