- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
Video: J.R. Smith Shoves Al Horford Mid-Air, Marcus Smarts Retaliates
- Updated: May 15, 2018
With 3:49 left in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals, a near-fight took place after the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ J.R. Smith gave a push to Al Horford of the Boston Celtics. In the wake of the push, Smith was nearly attacked by the Celtics’ Marcus Smart, leading to technical fouls being assessed to both players. Smith was also assessed a flagrant foul for his push on Horford.
— SLAM Magazine (@SLAMonline) May 16, 2018
Smith’s push was delivered in frustration as the Cavaliers watched a 55-48 halftime advantage disappear, with the incident coming as the Celtics were holding a 12-point lead at 99-89.
The Game 2 loss means the Cavaliers will head back to Cleveland trailing 2-0 in the series.