- J.R. Smith Shares ‘Free at Last’ Photo on Social Media After Being Waived by Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. Posts Emotional Thank You Message to J.R. Smith
- Report: Cavs Expressing Interest in Former No. 4 Overall Pick
- Darius Garland Cracks Top 5 Among Rookies as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Cavs Player Unbelievably Getting Interrogated in the Bay Area
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers Not Likely to Pursue J.R. Smith After Buyout
- J.R. Smith’s Immediate Reaction After Getting Released by Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Spoken to Knicks and Grizzlies in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Expected to Waive J.R. Smith Today
- Kevin Love Rips Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye, Calls Them ‘Keyboard Warriors’
Report: NBA League Office Takes Action Against Kevin Love for Elbow to DeMar DeRozan in Game 1
- Updated: May 2, 2018
The NBA announced that Cleveland Cavaliers center Kevin Love has been assessed a Flagrant-1 foul for his elbow to the chin of Toronto Raptors DeMar DeRozan in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The NBA announces that Kevin Love’s elbow to DeMar DeRozan’s face with about a minute to go in last night’s 4th quarter has been upgraded to a Flagrant 1.
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) May 2, 2018
During the last few minutes of the fourth quarter, Love came down with a huge rebound, only to be mauled by several Raptors players, which caused Love to swing his elbows to keep his defenders away. While the referees failed to call a single foul on any of the Raptors, they did call a offensive foul on Love for connecting with DeRozan.
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) May 2, 2018
The referees decided not to review the play and Raptors guard Kyle Lowry missed a jumper on the Raptors’ subsequent offensive possession after the foul call.