- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Video: A Heavy Hearted Kyle Korver Speaks at His Brother’s Funeral
- Updated: March 27, 2018
Korver, the oldest of four boys, spoke at his brother’s funeral and thanked his parents for the love and support that they have given their family and their community.
“Harvest have come, and much more is coming,” he said from the pulpit of the Third Reformed Church in Pella, Iowa. “As much seed as you threw into this church, you have thrown into your sons.”
Korver held back tears throughout his emotional speech in which he discussed the importance of family and faith.
“We look back on the last few months of Kirk’s life, as he dealt with a body that was failing him and he didn’t understand why,” he said. “That he could spend his final months back in a home with the two people that showed him what unconditional love was. From the two people that he respected more than anyone in this world. That is a gift, that is God’s grace.”
Finally, Korver made it clear to his family and to those who are close to them that despite the loss, there will always be four Korver boys.
“It’s going to be different, there is a before and an after,” he said. “But you will always have four sons. There will always be four.”
It is times like these that even the most diehard fans are reminded that there are things that are far more important than basketball. Our thoughts and prayers are with Korver, and the rest of his family during this difficult time.