- Report: Cavs Update Kevin Love’s Status After Apparent Concussion vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Make Return Tonight vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry Had Special Cigar Saved for 2016 Championship But Cavs Ruined His Plans
- Report: Warriors Security Tried to Stop J.R. Smith From Smoking Cigar After 2016 Title
- Report: Cavs Would Keep David Nwaba at Right Price
- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
Isaiah Thomas Sends Emotional Farewell to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: February 9, 2018
Despite a career with the Cleveland Cavaliers that lasted just 15 games, Isaiah Thomas offered a gracious thank you on Friday to the organization after being traded to the Los Angeles Lakers one day earlier. Thomas was one of four guards the Cavaliers traded on Thursday as they attempted to overhaul their struggling backcourt.
It was only 15 games, but still an experience that I’m grateful for. Thank you to the Cleveland Cavaliers organization for granting me the opportunity to rock the wine and gold this season. God bless and see you on the other side.
When the Cavaliers acquired Thomas last August, he was in the process of rehabilitating an injured hip. That process lasted until Jan. 2, when he played for the Cavs for the first time. His entrance resulted in a standing ovation from the sellout crowd that night at Quicken Loans Arena.
However, that would be the high point during his brief tenure with the team. The Cavaliers struggled to work Thomas into the offense and the point guard often struggled with his outside shot. Off the court, Thomas wasn’t shy about offering his opinion.