- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Isaiah Thomas Sends Emotional Farewell to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: February 9, 2018
Despite a career with the Cleveland Cavaliers that lasted just 15 games, Isaiah Thomas offered a gracious thank you on Friday to the organization after being traded to the Los Angeles Lakers one day earlier. Thomas was one of four guards the Cavaliers traded on Thursday as they attempted to overhaul their struggling backcourt.
It was only 15 games, but still an experience that I’m grateful for. Thank you to the Cleveland Cavaliers organization for granting me the opportunity to rock the wine and gold this season. God bless and see you on the other side.
When the Cavaliers acquired Thomas last August, he was in the process of rehabilitating an injured hip. That process lasted until Jan. 2, when he played for the Cavs for the first time. His entrance resulted in a standing ovation from the sellout crowd that night at Quicken Loans Arena.
However, that would be the high point during his brief tenure with the team. The Cavaliers struggled to work Thomas into the offense and the point guard often struggled with his outside shot. Off the court, Thomas wasn’t shy about offering his opinion.