- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Isaiah Thomas Sends Emotional Farewell to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: February 9, 2018
Despite a career with the Cleveland Cavaliers that lasted just 15 games, Isaiah Thomas offered a gracious thank you on Friday to the organization after being traded to the Los Angeles Lakers one day earlier. Thomas was one of four guards the Cavaliers traded on Thursday as they attempted to overhaul their struggling backcourt.
It was only 15 games, but still an experience that I’m grateful for. Thank you to the Cleveland Cavaliers organization for granting me the opportunity to rock the wine and gold this season. God bless and see you on the other side.
When the Cavaliers acquired Thomas last August, he was in the process of rehabilitating an injured hip. That process lasted until Jan. 2, when he played for the Cavs for the first time. His entrance resulted in a standing ovation from the sellout crowd that night at Quicken Loans Arena.
However, that would be the high point during his brief tenure with the team. The Cavaliers struggled to work Thomas into the offense and the point guard often struggled with his outside shot. Off the court, Thomas wasn’t shy about offering his opinion.