- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: ESPN Releases Significant Update Regarding Derrick Rose’s Return
- Updated: December 4, 2017
The uncertainty over the future of Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Derrick Rose appears to have come to an end with the injured veteran reportedly headed back to Cleveland after 10 days away from the team.
After a self-imposed exile, guard Derrick Rose flew to Cleveland this morning and plans to report to the Cavaliers practice facility, league sources tell ESPN. He’s expected to meet with front office officials and begin the process of returning to the team.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) December 4, 2017
Rose had announced on Nov. 24 that he was taking time off to contemplate his future in basketball. That came in the midst of rehabilitation from an injured ankle that he suffered during the Cavaliers’ second game of the season on Oct. 20.
Over the past five years, Rose has struggled to return to his high level of performance that resulted in him winning the 2011 NBA Most Valuable Player award. The following year, he suffered a severe ACL injury and signed a veteran’s minimum contract with the Cavaliers during this past offseason in an effort to rebuild his market value.
The Cavaliers are in Chicago for a Monday night contest against one of Rose’s former teams, the Bulls. The timetable for Rose’s return from that ankle injury is uncertain, while another of the team’s injured point guards, Isaiah Thomas, is expected to return next month, if not sooner.