- Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Khloe Kardashian Breaks Up With Tristan Thompson After He Allegedly Cheats With Jordyn Woods
- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
Cavs Rumors: Sources Reveal Latest Stance on Cleveland’s Pursuit of Eric Bledsoe
- Updated: October 27, 2017
With the Cleveland Cavaliers remaining focused on reaching their fourth consecutive NBA Finals this June, looking into possible deals to improve the team remains part of their strategy. One rumored possibility involves acquiring Phoenix Suns point guard Eric Bledsoe, who is expected to be traded as the Suns continue their rebuilding effort.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com answered questions from fans on Friday, with one asking about whether or not the Cavaliers are currently in pursuit of Bledsoe. The fan’s proposed trade involved dealing Cedi Osman, Ante Zizic and the Cavaliers’ first-round pick in 2021.
“As of this writing, the Cavs are not in on Bledsoe, according to sources closes to the team and to Bledsoe, and the trade you suggested doesn’t make sense for the Cavs,” Vardon wrote. “None really do, so long as [Isaiah] Thomas returns healthy and [Derrick] Rose is accountable all season.”
Thomas is expected to be out until January as he rehabilitates a hip injury and Rose’s injury history has made his status sketchy over the past few years. In the latter case, Rose will return to the Cavaliers starting lineup on Saturday night after sitting out the past three games with an injured ankle.