- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
Cavs News: Iman Shumpert Suffers Foot Injury in Preseason Opener
- Updated: October 4, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers kicked off their preseason schedule on Wednesday against the Atlanta Hawks and in the first quarter, Iman Shumpert suffered a left foot injury. The team announced that Shumpert would not return to the game shortly after.
Iman Shumpert suffered a left foot injury in the first quarter and will not return tonight, per the Cavs.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 5, 2017
The injury occurred when Shumpert missed a would-be dunk and landed awkwardly on his left foot with 2:16 left in the quarter. He then limped to the locker room and did not return for the rest of the half.
Rookie Cedi Osman took the court in Shumpert’s absence. The severity of Shumpert’s injury is unknown. Hopefully it is nothing serious and the athletic guard can return to the lineup soon.