- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
Cavs Rumors: Tyronn Lue Could Make Big Change to Starting Lineup for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: September 30, 2017
Before the start of training camp, Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue had stated that Tristan Thompson was the team’s starting center. But according to Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com, Lue is still in the process of figuring out how to utilize all of the talent he has on his roster.
Love said that he expects to see a lot more time at center this upcoming season.
“We did a lot of that last training camp, but as far as how the sets are put together right now throughout training camp I am seeing a pretty significant amount of time there,” Love said Saturday. “Depends on — now with so many guys on the team and so many lineups that we can throw out there it will probably change.”
Lue did not say very much else about the situation, but if Thompson and Love both start in the frontcourt together for the Cavs, there will be limited opportunities to space the floor.
“Spacing opportunities, spacing the floor,” Lue said when asked what he likes about Love playing center. “Being able to play through the elbows with multiple guys.”